MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Epicurus' Problem of Evil

View Single Post

Old 12-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Epicurus' Problem of Evil

Because Fieos opened the topic, this is the first religion discussion (only for those who are registered; those who are unregistered will have their posts deleted).

This is the traditional presentation of Epicurus' version of the problem of evil:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicurus
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then what is the origination of evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?
I've adjusted the translation, because I hate the old English translation (with "cometh"), but there are no changes in terms of content.

I'll present my own opinions, in rebutting both sides (because they all suck) as they come up. But this is an open thread. So fire away.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote