MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Religion Registration thread
View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 03:14 AM
The Forum Drunk
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I honestly didn't realize this meant we couldn't comment on one element of an argument. I think you're going to end up with a fairly stifled debate if someone is obligated to address every component of an argument, that simply is not a feasible proposition as debates tend to grow like a branch or root system and after the first page the idea of debating every single element of the argument is impossible.

and honestly i think the epicurus thread is a fairly simple concept compared to some debates that would become radically splintered in just a few posts.
That and I tried as a christian. But you have to realize some things like the epicurus argument is heavily slated in the atheists favor. I can only defend against atheism as good as ive been defended against. And most of the arguments that come about by atheists via logical thought put the christians at a disadvantage. Rational thought is not a strong point for the majority of theist philosophy.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome