MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Religion Registration thread

View Single Post

Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I honestly didn't realize this meant we couldn't comment on one element of an argument. I think you're going to end up with a fairly stifled debate if someone is obligated to address every component of an argument, that simply is not a feasible proposition as debates tend to grow like a branch or root system and after the first page the idea of debating every single element of the argument is impossible.

and honestly i think the epicurus thread is a fairly simple concept compared to some debates that would become radically splintered in just a few posts.
That and I tried as a christian. But you have to realize some things like the epicurus argument is heavily slated in the atheists favor. I can only defend against atheism as good as ive been defended against. And most of the arguments that come about by atheists via logical thought put the christians at a disadvantage. Rational thought is not a strong point for the majority of theist philosophy.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote