MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Is Running Scared From Shogamania

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guy Incognito
The Mad Titan

Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.
Anderson Is Running Scared From Shogamania

March 24, 2010

Quote:
With the amount of success that current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has obtained outside of his “comfort zone” and natural fighting weight in the light heavyweight division, an eventual climb to the heavyweight ranks would appear to be the next step in the evolution of the career of one of the greatest mixed martial artists to step foot inside of the octagon.

As Silva prepares for the latest challenge to his UFC 185 pound crown – a UFC 112 showdown with submission ace, Demian Maia – the dominant title holder spoke on the possibility of a move up to the heavyweight division during a recent UFC conference call held to promote the UFC 112 bout in Abu Dhabi.

“My goal is still to put on as many great fights in the UFC, as many victories as I can throughout the three divisions – middleweight, light heavyweight and possibly heavyweight,” said Silva. “Heavyweight is definitely something I have in mind. It’s in my plans. I’ve been adapting my training and ever-changing to take on that challenge.”

This Talk had everybody salivating at the mouth because of the potential matchups for the spider.

But then This Happened

May 8

Which lead to this

Jul 27, 2010

Quote:
Forget light heavyweight, forget heavyweight, and especially forget welterweight; Anderson Silva says he wants to stick to middleweight.

The UFC's 185-pound champion today said that he plans to retire in the 185-pound class and apparently is uninterested in fighting at light heavyweight (where he's competed twice) or heavyweight (a class in which he's previously expressed interest).

"I like my weight division that I fight in, and I'm prepared to stay in my weight division," Silva today said through translator and manager, Ed Soares.

That answer came as a clarification to an earlier question. Asked whether he had grown bored in the middleweight division – where he's set the record for most consecutive title defenses at six

ANDERSON WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER WHEN SHOGAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU....and so forth.