MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Self training help

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by persojm0 View Post
Damn, I guess this is the downside to living in a state that's #1 in diabetes and obesity. Not a whole lot of exercising going on. There is a gym that teaches cardio kick boxing. However, it's completely non-contact and low impact, which is maddeningly unhelpful.

As far as I know, there is no gym that does boxing here. Also, there is a martial arts club that teaches traditional jiu jitsu and Brazilian jiu jitsu. I know nothing about either of those, but if they can provide anywhere near the cardio that Muay Thai has given me, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
you will enjoy BJJ
but if you contact the American Amauter Boxing Association (I think that's what they are called) they can tell you the closest Boxing gym to your area
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote