MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - DREAM Dynamite!! 2010
View Single Post
post #274 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 10:44 PM
SmackyBear
Bantamweight

Ratings are in

I had fun watching Dynamite, but I guess the ratings disappointed. From some articles linked in a bloodyelbow article:

Quote:
Quietly, the ratings number came out for the 2010 K-1 Dynamite show on Tokyo Broadcasting System and it was a 9.8% rating. A sub-10% rating was the very last thing K-1 needed. (Though it was nice to know that they ended up giving an attendance for the show - 26,729.)
Quote:
The first part of K-1 Dynamite: The Power of Courage 2010 aired from 9:00 p.m. to 10:50 p.m. and pulled an average of 9.8, while the second half ran from 10:50 p.m. to 11:39 p.m. and drew a 7.8 score. Both numbers fell short of the ratings for “Dynamite 2009,” which aired on TBS in three parts and scored averages of 16.7, 11.8 and 10.6.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/3/...se-mma-and-k-1

Some of the articles quoted in the link also speculate that they'll lose their current TV deal. But on the bright side, they indicate they might have a station to go to should that happen.

Some people think that they can convey either a philosophy on life or a complex political statement using a signature on the internet. I'm not one of them.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome