MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - DREAM Dynamite!! 2010

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #276 (permalink)
SmackyBear
Bantamweight

SmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Which channel would they go to if they lost their contract with TBS?
Fuji TV was suggested as a destination here.

Quote:
Tokyo Broadcasting System is the outlet for DREAM, K1 MAX, and Dynamite. Fuji TV is the outlet for K1 and fortunately, 2010 was a solid year for FEG. They also furthered their relationship with the network and what could be TBS's loss if they decide to cut ties with FEG could be FUJI's gain. The original plan for the shows on TBS were less about fighting about more about infiltrating the other shows on the network and this was a failure. Fuji appears to have a greater interest in combat sports and I would suspect that all of FEG's programming will find its way onto the network very soon.

Dynamite!!! needed to deliver in a big way and it didn't. There was no Sakuraba retirement match to garner media attention. Shinya Aoki, once the biggest draw in DREAM, lost the remaining luster he once had, and the one major Japanese heavyweight K1 star Kyotaro, was defeated by a blown up light heavyweight in a fight where the K1 Champ looked sluggish from a grueling K1 schedule. Unless there are major storylines in the future, I would expect the decline to continue. The K1 brand is still strong but the MMA aspect may be all but dead.