MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Any way to get a well rounded training just doing technique?

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Doing slow punching motions with heavy weights will in first place train your musculus deltoideus. So for that part you will increase your strentgh, but if your are asking about strentgh for fighting you will need more. For punching i.e. the whole body is involved beginning from a spring motion at your feet, hip/torso/shoulder rotation, arm extention. A good start for training the muscles needed are BWE like push ups, crunches, jumps. Then it will be useful to train with a heavy bag.

Sets of around 10 repetitions are usually done for hypertrophy training, which to some extent you want to have, but what you want to have even more in combat sports is muscular endurance which you train with more repetitions (>20). You could do your push ups for example on an inclined surface or with your hands on higher ground (i.e. on two chairs, doing the push ups between them)

No, there isn't. It's that simple. Anyone who tells you otherwise is fooling you. Forget instruction DVDs. If you don't have already more than just basic knowledge you can't reasonably train on your own. You will get accustomed to mistakes which are hard to get rid of later if you don't have anyone who controls you.

$180/m the cheapest┐ Either they are ridiculously good or ridiculously expensive.
well around charlotte that is about average tho if you buy multiple months at one time you get a discount and I think can get it as low as 120/month if I'm not mistaken but you have to buy a year at a block that way
they are very very good tho

also I don't recomend slowly throwing punches with 'heavy' weights in your hands
that will put your shoulder at a bad leverage angle for straight shots like jab and cross and I think is a mistake
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote