MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #896 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Went to Tactix, a newer gym in Vancouver that Bruno teaches at. I was suppossed to be meeting Ash and Gary, teammate who are headlining my event, but they didn't make it. Thankfully Bruno was out there, because I felt a bit out of place. The rashguard and shorts were both representing my gym so people seemed a bit wary/sizing me up sort of thing. Anyways, once we got training and it was clear I was just there to learn and train it was fine.

They were doing a wrestling class, which was exactly what I needed. Worked on shooting for double legs, using double underhooks to take back, defending takedowns, and working from over a guy in a sprawl. Also got to work one on one with Colin Daynes, whom I believe represented Canada in olympic wrestling. Anyways, he gave me a ton of pointers on takedown defense and I feel like I picked up exactly what I need. Implement it and I can't lose. =)
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote