MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Amateur female mma fighter here

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes2Ashes View Post
Hey thanks Well I knew I wanted to do this back when I was 15 and I'm about to turn 21 in a couple months so I have been training for about 6 years now. Technically, I started taking Jiu Jitsu classes with my brother when we were 8 so that was where I got my start in martial arts. Since then I also started training in Krava Maga, Muay Thai, wrestling and boxing.

I came here to see about getting some advice on breaking into mma and maybe some training tips.
with all that training under your belt you may be giving out some tips to heh

Quote:
Yeah my trainer set me up with some local fights but what I'm wondering is how people get beyond just the local fights and move on to bigger and better things. And eventually being signed by a major mma organization, which is my main goal. My biggest worry is spending several years working these local fights and never getting a chance to really prove myself. To be honest, most of the locals (men included) where I live aren't great fighters. I suppose I may have to consider moving to a different city/state to pursue this.
basically building a record is important, it's great that you have a lot of confidence but you need to be ready before you take a big step up, it's a dangerous sport

Quote:
Oh and thanks for the welcome.
we are always glad for new people, most of us don't talk all that much heh
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote