MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How do you do a double leg takedown?

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Intermission
Dexter Morgan

Intermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
I wish I were better at taking guys down when they're coming at me. I find that one pretty tough, but if you've got the timing for it, it's SOOO hard to stop. Also, I never thought to try to take a wrestler into his guard as opposed to side control. That makes perfect sense, since it'd be harder for him to scramble from there. That's something I'll be taking away from this...

Oh and you should totally make a clinch takedown thread. I'm not very good in the clinch so I wouldn't know what aspects of it to dissect and discuss.
I find wrestlers aren't great in half guard either. You have your weight on their leg and from there you can attempt to do damage. Ovbiously side is the worst to have a wrestler in because chances are they will scramble and get up.