MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How do you do a double leg takedown?

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
I wish I were better at taking guys down when they're coming at me. I find that one pretty tough, but if you've got the timing for it, it's SOOO hard to stop. Also, I never thought to try to take a wrestler into his guard as opposed to side control. That makes perfect sense, since it'd be harder for him to scramble from there. That's something I'll be taking away from this...

Oh and you should totally make a clinch takedown thread. I'm not very good in the clinch so I wouldn't know what aspects of it to dissect and discuss.
I'll consider that
about being in a Wrestler's Guard, yah it's definatly an area that they generally arenot as good at (why would they be, with a Wrestling backround they always wind up with Top) I can't take 100% credit for the idea tho, I took Randy's preference for being in someone's Half-Guard a step further.
to offer a further tip, you can work on your ability to take someone down with body punches, basically if you can drop down and throw a boxing style body shot (jab or cross hooks are good but don't help for this purpose) then you have the timing required to Shoot Defensivly
practice this way, it will work for you in time
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote