MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Have Wing Chunners ever won against other styles?

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Something that has been bothering me the more I read: Wing Chun IS! a f-ing competition Art in modern practice. Almost everyone knows the story of Wing Chun, but now its as much a sport Art as MT, or Judo.

Big guy looks like derp derp!

No head gear/gloves mean open palm, questionable headshot rules.

The rules are different. Winning doesn't necessarily come from a KO, or dominant striking. Proper technique gets points. A hook punch is worth nothing. A leaping roundhouse kick gets you nothing. A "dragon stomp" (front push kick to the knee/thigh) gets you points, and chain punches get you points. Fluid interceptive blocking gets you points. THAT is why it isn't traslateable in its current state to MMA, because the rules don't allow it to be. It has nothing to do with "illegal techniques."

Edit: Just noticed that the same random weird guy is in both matches...does that mean he's good? Hope not!

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote