MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Have Wing Chunners ever won against other styles?

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Oh yes, these Chi Sao competitions are so weird. Chi Sao has nothing to do with actual fighting, it's an exercise to learn specific principles and to develop a better tactile reception. Such a competition cannot even show how good your Wing Chun is. To many Wing Chunners focus too much on Chi Sao, because it feels good (it really does) and gives you the impression of being in control (as long as your partner, who thinks the same, stays with Chi Sao and doesn't bring other tools into the play).

As an exercise it might help to support your wrestling though.
Was thinking along similar lines on the drive home from work.

Yeah, its barely competitive in any sense of the word. But its the first stuff that came up in a Youtube seach. Should have looked more:

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote