MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Phil Baroni signs multi-fight deal with Titan Fighting Championship

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
limba
NO. 1 *BONER*

limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Phil Baroni signs multi-fight deal with Titan Fighting Championship

Quote:
"The New York Bad Ass" will return.

Despite his recent release from the UFC, 34-year-old Phil Baroni (13-13) will fight again, this time with the Kansas-based Titan Fighting Championship.

Titan Fighting Championship officials announced late Wednesday night that Baroni has signed a multi-fight deal with the promotion. The company expects Baroni to debut on March 25 against an opponent still to be determined.

"I'm very happy and excited to restart my career with Titan Fighting in Kansas City," Baroni stated in the official release. "I have another chapter to write and it starts March 25.

"The best New York Bad Ass 'eva is fighting for Titan. ... People love a comeback."

A 10-time UFC veteran, Baroni has also fought under the PRIDE, Strikeforce and EliteXC banners during his career, which began in August 2000.

A former bodybuilder, Baroni earned a unanimous decision in his 2001 octagon debut over Curtis Stout at UFC 30 before dropping a majority decision to Matt Lindland at UFC 34. The brash slugger bounced back with a TKO win over Amar Suloev at UFC 37 and then notched a career signature victory with an 18-second knockout of former UFC champion Dave Menne at UFC 39.

Baroni then dropped four-straight fights in the octagon and was released by the UFC.

The brash New Yorker then signed with the Japan-based PRIDE organization, where he went 4-2 in a six-fight run that included a memorable two-fight battle with Ikuhisa Minowa, as well as four stoppage wins.

After brief stops in the Strikeforce and EliteXC promotions, Baroni returned to the UFC in November 2009. The fan-favorite suffered back-to-back octagon losses to Amir Sadollah and Brad Taveres before receiving his walking papers earlier this month.

Despite the recent setbacks, Titan Fighting Championship CEO Joe Kelly said he was excited to bring Baroni aboard.

"Since Phil's departure from the UFC, many fight fans have been wondering what Phil's next move would be," Kelly stated. "I am proud to announce that Phil has signed a multi-fight deal with Titan and will be featured during our March event.

"Phil has a star quality to him that so few fighters have, and win or lose, he has always fought with a true warrior's mentality."

Titan Fighting Championship's next event, "Titan Fighting Championship 16: Sylvia vs. Wagner," is scheduled for Friday, Jan. 28, at the historic Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kan., and will be televised live on HDNet.

I thought he will try it in Japan.
With his style and show-off style, fans would have adopted him fast!

But..this sounds good also!

BELIEVE!

limba is offline   Reply With Quote