Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Post-Fight Press Conference: The worst looking faces

26K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  Voiceless 
#1 ·
So I'm looking right now at GSP's "work" on Jon Fitch's face

Just out of curiosity, who's had the WORST ever? I seldom watch post-fight conferences, so I don't know.

See less See more
#5 ·
Trouble is, the worse ones tend not to make it to the presser and go straight to hospital!
I agree. I imagine how painful it really is, especially to wake up the following day after taking such a beating! When you see such pictures you realize how brutal MMA can be.

#10 ·
Struve looks like he is dead in that picture. Kid has heart to win that fight with such a nasty cut.
Probably he didn't even feel the cut that much during the fight.

Koschek's eye after the GSP fight looked worse than Fitch's and I thought that he could possibly carry away some permanent damage on that eye.

#14 ·
which fight was that after for struve? Anyone?

EDIT: And did he win? :p

Another Edit: Someone should find a picture of Nate Quarry after he beat Tim Creduer. that's a pretty busted up face on the winner.

Edgar kind of looked like the toxic avenger after UFC 125, and Maynard looked like he had been crying blood.

#15 ·
I don't know if there are any images, but the fight between Coleman and Frye crosses my mind. Don's face probably looked totally smashed after a few hours when it truly starts to fully display the damage...

#40 ·
I am certain these guys wouldn't make to the press conference, they need ICU personnel as soon as possible. I'm glad that doesn't happen often, otherwise MMA wouldn't be widely accepted as the sport instead of human cockfighting. The thread shows that even though the number of rules have increased over the years, fighters still suffer a lot.

#45 · (Edited)
Wasn't there anything similar to this in some of the UFCs? I remember I saw the picture of the broken leg during the fight (UFN or something), but I haven't watched it, so I can't tell if it was authentic or just edited photograph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.