Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Home workout?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Sharlock 
#1 ·
Ok, so im 15 years old and I of course live at home with my parents. I train Begginer MMA every wedness day from this wednessday until I cant do it anymore. I was just wondering if there is any way I can build very efficant upper and lower body strength at home? Also, Build my core?

(im 5'9 and 195)

thanks,

MMAFIGHTERDELUXE.

#2 ·
hey dude ive done weight training for around 2 years now, at first i did weight lifting purely for bodybuilding and body sculpting but i can say even though i may have looked big, pound for pound i wasnt that strong. After getting into MMA i realised i need to flip my workouts over and do the opposite to what i was already doing. i started mixing up my workouts trying out different things and what worked best for me in terms of strength was defiantly doing circuit training just with a barbell and weights, kettle bell training and high intensity interval training. Look up different exercises with these catergories and see wat best suits you. I start of with stretches and a 10 minute low intensity jog, than i move on to jumping rope for 10 minutes, than i do HIIT sprints, next is a circuit that i do 3 sets of with 60 seconds rest between (the circuit should consist of a number of exercises to workout the full body), than i do a low intesity jog for 5 minutes as a cool down followed by yoga stretches for 5 or so minutes and thats it. obviously u should change this workout to best suit you but it gives you a rough guide atleast, let me no how you go with it, peace:)

#3 ·
do you have any work out equipment avaialble? if not you can make some fairly cheeply beleive it or not
(and safely)

even if you can't get ahold of any equipment you can do a fair job of conditioning yourself with simple bodyweight calisthenics
are you familar with jump squats and pushups, most people are but I want to ask to be sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.