MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punching faster

Thread: Punching faster
View Single Post

Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
ZenGeek
MMA Fanatic

ZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enoughZenGeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VViCKiD View Post
Hi all,

I'm a noob to this forum and to mma itself. But I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on how to punch faster. I look like a granny when I'm throwing punches. I try to relax as much as I can but the punches still look very slow and it doesn't "snap" at the end of the punch. I'll upload some vids soon to show you what I mean.

Thanks in advance !
Wall push isometrics.
It trains the motor pathway that generates force from the ground, through the body, into the arms. It only works strength in one position, so it you train with your arms close to your chest it will make you throw the punch better. Training with arms closer to full extension will make you finish HARD. I used to hit a heavy bag fast and have no power, I needed to work the end of the ROM.

Isometrics cause THE greatest strength increases, but the only work one position, not the whole ROM, that's why they're almost useless for functional training.
ZenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote