Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Brock Lesnar - 10 Bold Predictions for 2011

5K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  Fieos 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I personally think brocks done … well, maybe not done but I don’t think he’ll ever own the championship again, and fi he does, cain will just take it staright off him, or carwin….i feel he could beat jds, but neither of these two, he’s to old to learn much more in the striking department imo

the gap in skills is to big, while he gets better, so to will cain, who has a much better training camp to develop his skills further

#23 ·
I really have to say I don't understand these sort of comments. He's done?

I agree with him probably not getting the championship again, but I wouldn't say never. He's accomplished a lot, and he's a relatively young fighter in regards to MMA.

#5 ·
It is possible but i doubt it in 2011. I think he will only have 2 fights max in 2011. The first fight will probably be against Roy Nelson. If he wins that fight i can see him fighting Carwin or the loser of Cain/JDS. I doubt he will get a title shot after just 1 win.

#6 ·
Who knows, if he brutally knocks Roy out in 20 seconds he just might get the title shot, although that happening(the KO) is completely impossible. :D We all know how Dana loves Brock so i doubt it's going to be a long road for Brock to the title shot.

#9 ·
Brock just needs to get some more skills standing. Personally I think he can do it if he only gets mentaly prepared and work it like he used to. I think hunting will help him get his mind back. A confident Brock is dangerous.

Cain tho good won't improve that much further, he got nothing more to improve he is what he is. Personally I think the guy is at his peak right now and will just do his best maintaining what he can.

Brock however is an other story and has hughe holes witch he can fill and if he gets down the basics he will with just pure size/flexability and strenght probably tool weaker Cain.

Brock however must also adopt a good game plan and go in it to win in the first two rounds. If he waits too long Cain with a better cardio will get the upperhand and might just win.

#38 ·
I like this post, i just hope Brock sticks with it... I truly believe he can make a comeback if like you said his mental game and confidence comes back, and needs to fill in the gaps BAD.

And like you said i see Cain getting more and more experienced but not really improving drastically anymore, and with how sloppy Brocks stand up is, we ALL know how much Brock CAN improve but we have NO idea on how good he will be once he does....

And that my friend is the REAL question....

#10 ·
It all depends on Lesnar's motivation.

Is he going to give up trying to be champion and just go after a couple more paydays or does he actually have the hunger to be champion.

Lesnar is a very determined individual, if he is still hungry to be the best and to prove to people that he isn't going to fold when someone punches him in the face I would not be surprised to see him bring in some very good boxers/kickboxers etc to try and teach him how to survive and hold his own.

Think like GSP, he thought he was good enough to run right through Serra just like I think Lesnar thought he was going to be able to do with Cain. He got a wakeup call and used that to make him unbeatable by taking his lifestyle and training to the next level. Can and will Lesnar do this? We will have to wait and find out.

#12 ·
I hate the Bleacher Report's MMA section soooo bad.
They are so unbiased and sometimes so uneducated about the sport. Here are examples of both:

On the top 10 most anticipated fights in UFC history Nr. 4 to Nr. 1 were all Lesnar's fights and one of them had just been announced at the time (Lesnar - Cain)

And on the top 10 fights GSP should do were such names as Velasquez, Shogun, Overeem, Fedor and Lesnar.

They are complete morons.

#15 ·
Brock is never going to be champion again. I've been saying this for a long time now but his wrestling is vastly over rated and his striking is really quite poor.

The days of one dimensional champs are long over, the sport has evolved. Brock isnt going to suddenly become some pro boxer/kickboxer in the span of a year or two and i dont think hes ever going to react well to getting punched in the face. Being honest here the only other fighter i have ever seen react so badly to getting hit hard is Bob Sapp. And look how long Sapp has been fighting for, he still hasnt learned how to take a punch.

Some people are born to fight, some arn't. Lesnar is a wrestler, not a fighter.

#21 ·
I think Statements like "Brock will never be champion" are a bit on the extreme side.

1) Brock has only 7 MMA fights and has all the resources in the world to train with the best people in the world. I think its not a matter of if he improves but how much he improves.

2) Matchup makes fights. Say what you will about his standup but he is definitely a elite fighter when it comes to the ground game.
Cain beat Lesnar because lesnar couldn't take him down and keep him down. But who is to say that if say JDS beats cain, that JDS can do the same. Remember MMA math doesn't work. Just because Lesnar can't beat cain doesn't mean Lesnar can't beat someone that can beat Cain. (I'm not assuming jds will beat cain but that is just an example)

3. In the HW division, anyone can knock anyone out if they connect We saw it before with lesnar hitting Randy on the side of the head. Although I would never favor lesnar over a guy like cain, if they fought 100 times, there is def no way cain would win 100 times. (maybe 99 times :p )

all that said, odds are def against brock to regain his belt, but I would never count him out.

#24 ·
It's nice to see a newb to the forum that isn't a complete idiot. I agree with most of what you're saying. :thumb02:

#40 · (Edited)
I'd rather want him to change his camp to Xtreme Couture. There he be able to sparr with better training partners aswell. If I were him I wouldn't call Freddie Roach instead I'd rather be working on stand up defeanse, wrestling and cardio because he is too old to train himself to be a decent striker.
And oh yeah Brock will most definitely be the ufc champion again (IF) he stays.

#41 ·
I think botom line, Lesnar just needs a new camp. I am a huge fan of his and will try to remain that way, but if I keep seeing him go out with the same game-plan and making the same mistakes over and over against good strikers (running from punches and going into the fetal position) I don't know if I can continue lol.

#42 ·
I really think some people need to believe Lesnar won't be champion again. Lesnar's wins haven't been pretty for the most part but he's stepped onto the biggest MMA stage and has held his own. He was the first man to endure Carwin and put him away, as well as having finished both Randy and Mir.

I know a vast majority of this forum believe Cain to be the second coming of Jesus Christ but the reality is that Cain's accomplishments in the UFC aren't that impressive either. Cain is just now getting to the point of fighting the best of weak heavyweight division. In his fight with Lesnar they were both exchanging on the feet and holding their own on the ground. Until Lesnar got clipped on the shot the fight was really back-and-forth.

I still think the sky is the limit for Lesnar if he would ever most past his personal training camp and get to someone like Greg Jackson. It might take a little luck for Lesnar to get that belt back but it definitely isn't outside the realm of possibility. If he puts the work in he has as much of a chance as anyone in the heavyweight division.

When heavyweights collide I don't think anyone can make predictions that include 'always' or 'never'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.