MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TraMaI's help thread!

View Single Post

Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Nogi triangle escapes!

Triangles have given me the most trouble out of any submission I've come across. Almost all of my tournament losses have come from a triangle. I've tried to learn a bajillion different triangle escapes and I blow at all of them.

Eventually I decided to take a more aggressive approach and just improve my posture and not get caught in triangles. This has served me well and I don't find myself in the position NEARLY as often, but the other day we were drilling from when you're already in a triangle and its reminded me that in the worst case scenario (posture is already broken, triangle is imminent) I don't really have anything reliable.

What are some good, simple, high percentage triangle choke escapes?

(When I asked my BJJ coach, he said not to worry about it for now and just work my posture. I've been doing that and its yielded great results and will be my go-to (as it should be), but I'm starting to wish I had a last-ditch option.

Support my FB athlete page!

Watch my 5th pro fight here

Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote