Who will win?

• Mark Hominick

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • George Roop

Votes: 1 6.3%

***OFFICIAL*** Mark hominick vs. George Roop Pre/Post Fight Discussion

2K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  vandalian 
#1 ·

Please direct all threads/conversation regarding this fight into this thread. All other threads will be merged into this one.

See less See more
#3 ·
War Hominick! Their is alot more on the line for Hominick regarding this fight, its more than just win or lose. He gets a title shot against Jose Aldo in home territory with a record setting crowd in attendance. Of course I want Hominick to win and that he is healthy to stack the Toronto card. I will be paying closer attention to this fight because I want to see the Jose Aldo fight in Toronto happen. I currently am living in Canada teaching Muay Thai classes and training my BJJ and I was at London,ON recently and talked with Sam Stout, he is a nice dude. Im guessing Hominick is similar since they are close friends.

#11 ·
That was pathetic refereeing. The stoppage was excellent, there was no need for Roop to take any more shots, he was clearly done, but to just walk away and let Roop stumbled across the octagon like a drunk tramp was ridiculous. Awesome performance from Hominick though, his striking looked fantastic!

#18 ·
Hominick is right: Aldo has never faced someone like him.

But Hominick is forgetting something more important: he has never faced a fighter like Aldo.

That's the big problem.

I think Aldo is gonna heat him up with leg kicks early on, just like he did with Faber, then look for the finish with his striking.

It's gonna be an awesome fight.

Lucky canadian fans! :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Like I have been saying for a while I wanted to see Hominick/Aldo and I'm glad Grispi lost so we get this fight. Hominick is the only guy at 145 who can stand with Aldo. I believe Aldo will win but it is going to be a hard fought victory for him. Hominick has elite technical striking it isn't "solid" he is a better striker than Aldo by a decent amount in that respect. Aldo has the explosive athletic ability and power over him. Jabouin is actually probably faster than Aldo and a very good striker and Hominick had no problems getting inside on him it isn't as simple as "well aldo will throw leg kicks".

#27 ·
No bias from someone in London, Ontario I'm sure...

I'd like to see Hominick win too frankly, I always root for my fellow Canucks but I'm trying to see him beating Aldo and I'm having a hard time imagining how. Even if he is technically better is he THAT much better that he can overcome Aldo's speed and well rounded abilities? I don't think so.

I'll be rooting for Ontario to take the belt home though.

#28 · (Edited)
I'm starting to think Hominick might have an actual chance against Aldo. Sure, he didn't check leg kicks, but come on... you guys think he will go into the Aldo fight thinking Aldo will show up to punch?

Good stoppage by the way.

#29 ·
He has trained with Roop a lot in the past so he obviously knows how much power his leg kicks have. It was more important for him to get inside on him anyways. Roop is 5 inches taller than Hominick (6 inches taller than Aldo) and his best strikes are kicks. By not checking those kicks he wasn't giving Roop an extra second to reestablish his distance.

#30 ·
The only problem for Hominick - against Aldo he won't push the pace, he won't be the aggressor, he won't chase Aldo in the cage. - like he did against Roop.
And if he doesn't do that, it will be hard for him to put those striking skills to use.
Aldo won't come ou like a mad man, he will try and repeat the same performance he put in against Faber.

Hominick clealry knows he will have to deal with those vicious leg kicks. Problem is: if he gets too cautious about that he migh lose sight of other things.

Fighting Aldo is a tough thing to do. just like GSP.
Being so well rounded, it's hard to make a strategy against him.

You just have to go in there and show heart and ...fight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.