MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Melendez says UFC LW's arent all that special

View Single Post

Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Danm2501
Light Heavyweight

Danm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
Gilbert Melendez is the #2 LW in the world.. possibley the #1 after Edger failed to avenge his loss to the number 3 or 4 in the world.

He has the right to make this claim.
No he isn't, not until he steps up into the UFC and proves it. It's all well and good beating the likes of Thomson, Ishida and Aoki, but until he steps up and beats the likes of Edgar, Maynard, Sotiropoulos, Miller, Penn, Florian, Pettis etc he isn't the number 2 in the world. He's top 10, but until he steps up and joins the elite 155lb division in the world I refuse to rank him Top 2. I rate Melendez very highly, he has a very impressive skill-set, the way he shut Aoki down was very good to watch, but he simply doesn't have the resumé to be ranked Top 3 yet for me.
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Daniel Cormier
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline   Reply With Quote