MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Melendez says UFC LW's arent all that special

View Single Post

Old 01-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
No he isn't, not until he steps up into the UFC and proves it.
Yes he is. Be careful not to overrate some fighters that you're laying claim to..

[quote=Danm2501;1346620 It's all well and good beating the likes of Thomson, Ishida and Aoki,[/quote]

Don't forget to throw Tatsuya Kawajiri and Clay Guida in there since you're playing the name game..

Quote:
but until he steps up and beats the likes of Edgar, Maynard, Sotiropoulos, Miller, Penn, Florian, Pettis
lol everytime a WEC guy wins a title he's all of a sudden a LW top 10er.... those LW title holders have never lasted. Who in gods name has Anthony Pettis beaten?? He needs to compete with Melendez not the other way around.

Funny thing about the rankings is Gray Maynard is ranked below Frankie Edgar isnt he?? Even though he's defeated Edgar... and fought to a draw with him..

So in 2 proffessional MMA fights Frankie Edgar has failed to defeat the undefeated Gray Maynard yet he's still #1.. War mma rankings!

[quote=Danm2501;1346620 etc he isn't the number 2 in the world.[/quote]

I beg to differ. He's been #2 for about 6 months now. No lower than 3 and that's a reach.

Quote:
He's top 10, but until he steps up and joins the elite 155lb division in the world I refuse to rank him Top 2.
lol @ until he joins the UFC.

Quote:
I rate Melendez very highly, he has a very impressive skill-set, the way he shut Aoki down was very good to watch, but he simply doesn't have the resumé to be ranked Top 3 yet for me.
He does for me.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ