MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - After Anderson loses to Belfort, will people use this excuse?

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #43 (permalink)
pacmantyson
Banned

pacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enoughpacmantyson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
It's a pretty valid excuse, the guy is 36...check out all the champions right now lol

GSP is 29, Shogun is 29, Frankie is 29, Cain is 28...he's the oldest champion at 36, and holds the record for most consecutive fights won in the UFC and most title defenses in the UFC. If he loses it would be a very valid excuse that his skills have deteriorated because of his age. Hopefully he retires with an impeccable record, but they'll likely have him fight GSP before he retires just to milk him for all he's worth, and I hope he wins that one too.
my point was that belfort is almost as old as silva, so age shouldn't be used as an excuse after the fight.

so why is there so much talk about silva fighting the much smaller gsp instead of fighting someone his own size like shogun? seems to me that silva pretended to be bored w/ the ufc but didn't rise to the challenge of moving up to fight shogun. it seems like silva is attempting to trick people into thinking he's the best without taking the risky challenge of fighting shogun, which in reality would be the only way silva could ever claim that best status.
pacmantyson is offline   Reply With Quote