MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Help with ground n pound (novice)

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
If they are not teaching Strikes as part of the Ground game they are not an MMA school no matter what they write on thier logo's man.

How sure are you they don't do any GnP? Cus if you went in and saw a class you may have seen a newbie class and they usually want you to get a basic concept of the ground before you add strikes. But if the people running the place told you they don't do strikes on the ground, it's not an MMA place.

you can call a place MMA if you teach Striking and Grappling I guess but GnP is such a big part of it if you arn't learning it you are not really training for MMA.

As far as training a bit in your Garden sure there is some stuff you can do but honestly like with any training when you are new at something you really need to have someone watching what you are doing and making sure you are doing the stuff right instead of just winging it on your own. If you can't find anyplace that does any true MMA around you you may have to settle for a place you have looked at that dosn't teach GnP but at least you will get some Ground work under your belt.

This sucks I had a great edit to put in here and it took me so long to post that it logged me out : o (

maybe I'll put some of it back later but for now I'll just put in that holding the position is more important then trying to land a really big shot, small shots add up quick especially on GnP

Last edited by BearInTheClinch : 01-27-2011 at 01:06 PM.
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote