MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wreslters switch in BJJ

View Single Post

Old 03-11-2007, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
The switch is the move that Kazushi Sakuraba used comonly on his way to getting famous. A Gracie would take his back, and he'd set a figure-4 on one arm to hit the standing switch into an armbar or Kimura. He did it to both Royce and Renzo when they fought.

If you hit the switch with the armbar in mind, you don't have to pull a full switch to get a submission. After you set the turning arm on the inside, once you have your hips free, you can set you figure-4 and sit out while barring the arm. You'll end up with a "reverse" waki-gatame. Not bad for building off of a standard folkstyle wrestling technique.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote