MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Barnett Withdraws License Application

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
The_Senator
Lightweight

The_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I agree that it will be a headache. Barnett can't become champion by winning the tournament though. Last I heard Overeem's title wasn't going to be up for grabs in the tournament.

Nevertheless it is still a hassle to center this all around Barnett.
It is the tournament and the current champion is in it. The winner of this GP will be the real champion. K-1 has Kyotaro as HW champion, but who cares? K-1 World GP 2010 champion is the ultimate fighter in the world of kickboxing because Kyotaro was participating. Who can possibly suggest that Kyotaro is better than Overeem just because he has the belt and Alistair don't? The same could be said about Schilt, but it is slightly another story based on the fact that he is already 4-time GP champion, so it's not that clear... and another thing is, the tournament takes place in one day, I mean the most important bouts, so injuries is indeed a factor. Now, Strikeforce's tournament will last almost the entire year, so the winner will become the best fighter of the organization in the eyes of everyone, especially when you think that Alistair got the belt by beating Buentello and Rogers 2+ years later.
3. Mauricio Rua
4. Anderson Silva
5. Alistair Overeem

Last edited by The_Senator : 01-31-2011 at 01:54 PM.
The_Senator is offline   Reply With Quote