Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Strikeforce: Fedor Emelianenko vs Bigfoot Silva

5K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  atm1982 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Everything is going on the Last Emperor!

Fedor is coming in strong and hard (like the Sylvia fight):thumb02:

#8 ·
Awesome Fedor picture. :D
I could imagine some random guy making a bet just based on those pics... "Hmmm... a bald fat guy with jeans and a wooden cross against tall more athletic looking guy with funny ears and "Big Foot" tattooed on his arm." Fedor is like russian version of Rocky. :D

With that being said, I see Fedor knocking Silva out in round 1, but these odds are just dumb. Small 500 point bet on Big Foot. :D

#13 ·
Odds are too good to pass up. Silva has size, and a mixture of stand up and ground skills that none of Fedor's recent opponents have had(besides Werdum but we saw how that fight went). Silva also has one hell of a chin, going to be hard for Fedor to stop him even with his haymakers.

#23 ·
Fedor stopped by the doc!

Round 1 - Fedor with an overhand right and now another flurry. He's much faster than Silva early. Silva lands a counter but Fedor comes back with a punch. Fedor with a straight right and Silva pushes him into the cage. Silva leaning on him against the cage. They're separated for lack of action. Silva lands a few punches and Fed or starts to land and Slva lands a right hand. Silva pushes him into the cage again. Silva landing a few short punches, trying to stay busy enough to avoid a restart. Silva ducks down for a takedown and Fedor is looking to lock in the choke and Silva tries for a takedown but ends up on bottom. Fedor steps over and is in Silva's half guard. Ground and pound by Fedor and he looks for a kimura but Silva stands up. Right hand by Silva and a return shot by Fedor. Both men land big shots in a flurry and Silva with a takedown. The round ends and I have it 10-9 Fedor but a close, competitive round.

Round 2 - Silva with a takedown right away and he's in Fedor's half guard. Big right hand by Silva. Silva into side control and then north south before side control again. Mount by Silva and now big shots! Fedor gives up his back. Back to full mount. Big shots by Silva again and again Fedor gives up his back. Back to full mount. Fedor gives up the back AGAIN. Big shots by Silva. Silva locks up an arm triangle choke and he's turning into it. It's locked in deep. Silva continuing to pound away. Silva looks up at the clock. Silva looks for a leglock and Fedor reverses looking for a heel hook of his own. Silva gives the "no" finger and the round ends. 10-8 Silva.

Round 3 - They say the ref has waived off the fight for a swollen eye on Fedor. Wait, maybe not? I'm not sure what's going on. The fight IS over. Antonio Silva wins by TKO (Swollen eye), round 3.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/12/1989383/strikeforce-fedor-vs-silva-live-results-and-commentary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.