MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #257 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mon 1-31: jump rope/plank/situp/pushup warmup like usual, then focus pad drills and live standup drills. One of my partners is in the habit of looking over my shoulder at our teacher, who has taken her to one amateur kickboxing match (she lost by decision). I kept thinking, take your eyes off your opponent like that in a fight and you'll lose by KTFO.
Tue: rested
Wed: Repeat of Monday. The last two Wednesdays, there have been a lot of new people, so it's been all standup.
Thur: Grappling class, then belt test practice with a few of the other judoka who are preparing to test. I'm testing with harae goshi, koshi guruma, o uchi gari, ko uchi gari, and possibly tomoe nage. Due to my instructor's going out of town soon, and my uke's limited access to the gym (he is not a full member) I am now testing this coming Saturday, so I'm trying to prepare carefully and not get incredibly nervous.
Fri, Sat, Sun: I don't remember what I did. I do know that the following Thursday, I got my judo orange belt.

Sig Credit to Toxic

Last edited by swpthleg : 02-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote