MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New guy here from maine, Can you help me out.

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Intermission
Dexter Morgan

Intermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings SystemIntermission Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddakota34 View Post
Hey guys im new to the forum and im 21 years old. Ive ben racing motocross since i was 4 till last summer. And its kinda got a little old, and i wanted to try something new. So i would like to get in to MMA fighting/ training. Ive allways wanted to do this more than anything. So my questions are how do i get in to this sport? How do i get in to training and then move on to fighting?
Just find the nearest combat gym in your area. Don't buy into the whole "MMA Class" gimick. Legit gyms will have a free trial or a free class that lets you check out their program. Wat I suggest is that you train BJJ, Muay Thai, and Wrestling sperately or BJJ, Muay Thai and "MMA"

After a few months your trainers will let you know if your ready for a fight. I would personally wait 6 months to 1 year but I guess I am just cautious.

So I hope that answers your question, go start training ASAP and drop the excuses that I hear everytime; "Oh I am going to get into shape first before I go to the gym." No, just no. Even BJJ will kick your ass I can bet you that. The whole point of training is to get you in shape and teach you the techniques.

Goodluck and enjoy