MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New guy here from maine, Can you help me out.

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Catterman
MMA Fanatic

Catterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the roughCatterman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Just find the nearest combat gym in your area. Don't buy into the whole "MMA Class" gimick. Legit gyms will have a free trial or a free class that lets you check out their program. Wat I suggest is that you train BJJ, Muay Thai, and Wrestling sperately or BJJ, Muay Thai and "MMA"

After a few months your trainers will let you know if your ready for a fight. I would personally wait 6 months to 1 year but I guess I am just cautious.

So I hope that answers your question, go start training ASAP and drop the excuses that I hear everytime; "Oh I am going to get into shape first before I go to the gym." No, just no. Even BJJ will kick your ass I can bet you that. The whole point of training is to get you in shape and teach you the techniques.

Goodluck and enjoy
I wouldnt have said a thing different. One thing i would add is, if you want to fight competitively, you need to dedicate yourself to it. Not like, going to a gym and working out a few times a month. You have to train train train.
Catterman is offline   Reply With Quote