MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punching yourself in the face to be able to take punches better.

View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
You think it could work like bone hardening? I can punch a brick wall with some force behind it and not really feel it because I've been punching walls for a long time now.

Maybe you just tap your chin and hit it a bit everyday and maybe.. I dunno I'm curious.
The issue is we're not talking about calcification in the bones. We're talking about the brain. Can the brain calcify? As much as I like using the term "bone-headed" I don't think it has any literal value with respect to resilience against knockouts.

It seems that resilience can be trained insofar as combat reflexes can be trained (one can be trained to go for a shot in response to eating a hard punch; or to throw a counter punch) but the force is still exerted on the brain.

I suppose one could attempt to calcify the skull, but somehow, I don't think it works that way. Is there an M.D. on the board who could clear that up for me?

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote