MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punching yourself in the face to be able to take punches better.

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
SpoKen
Super Heavyweight

SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
i do it all the time and i can take hits a bit better, i disagree that it cant benefit you though because i was hit with a hook to the chin and then an uppercut with 16ounces in training and i took it pretty well compared to maybe how i used to have taken it.
I know what you mean. At this point though I've been training so long that I'm used to getting punched. I'm not really flinchy and I know I can take a solid hit and be okay so I'm wondering if that's more mental than chin durability. Maybe both...? I've gotten a concussion before but I never got knocked out or put on wobbly legs. I don't know why, I think I have a good chin.

Sweet sig by Life B EZ

I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote