MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Big_Charm
Bantamweight

Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Very interesting thread, I look at it like this...

Jones is a very talented, young and upcoming fighter. I think his road has not been easy, considering his career of training/fighting has span just over three short years.

Yes, his opponents were't A/B level and yes, I think it's an easier route. I think we have a very BIG exception to all rules here.

I believe Dana sees something very special in Jones and wants to see if he can rise to the occasion.

Rampage declined the chance due to short notice (which I thought was a very smart move), he'll get a shot soon.

I personally think Jones should have had to fight Rampage/Thiago or Randy/Forrest (I leave Machida out because he's on a losing streak).

I think it's too soon for Jones and Shogun is going to teach him a very dear lesson in Muay Thai with brutal leg kicks and a flurry of big punches that ends in either TKO or a submission when he drops Jones to the ground.

Jones will be a champ one day, he'll have to take some big lumps to earn it though!

Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote