MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Finnsidious
Bantamweight

Finnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level nowFinnsidious is on another level now
He had a pretty easy road it's true, but at the same time, everyone recognizes his potential, I don't think you will find too many people who will complain about his easy (relatively) road. I definitely would like to see him fight someone on that list before he fights for the title, but I don't care that much, I'm quite sure he would get a shot eventually either way.

Besides, who else could you give it too? Machida coming off a loss, Rampage turned it down, Rashad injured, Couture is too old, Franklin lost, Thiago Silva had a decent win, but just hasn't been that impressive. Griffin would be the most likely candidate for me, especially since his previous win over Shogun would make a nice back story, it might have made more sense to give him a shot and make JBJ fight one of the others, but I can live with Jones getting the shot instead.

Now the kid really gets to sink or swim.
Finnsidious is offline   Reply With Quote