MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
true... but still, Edgars 3 opponents before fighting Penn are no better or worse than Bones last 3. Its the way Edgar beat them that got him the shot. Just like Bones.

I guess what I'm saying is that beating a few top 10 guys has never been a pre-requisite for getting awarded a shot in the UFC. It never has been. Hell, Dana admits this regularly.
Edgar had a tough road in my opinion. Including the loss to Maynard, he beat Sean sherk, Hermes Franca, Spencer Fisher, Mark Bocek, and Tyson Griffin. He also had a win over Jim Miller before joing the UFC.

Jones' best win is Bader.

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote