MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Big_Charm
Bantamweight

Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Comm'on man!
Don't go there too!

Jones' skill set is miles ahead of Lesnar's.

1. Stop comparing Jones' striking to Lesnar's non-existant striking. The one thing i agree is that both use their striking to set up their TDs.
Jones has more than decent striking. He's a dynamic striker, who comes from different angles. Has very good cage movement. And, on top of that, add to that his spinning elbows and all the other flashy thing he pulls on the feet.
What can Brock do on the feet, apart from rushing towatds his opponent to take him down?! Lesnar's striking/stand-up game is almost non existant.

2. Lesnar got his title shot while having a 1-1 record in the UFC. With a win over Herring! And Herring hasn't fought anyone since that fight!

Jones is getting his, having a 12-1 record, 6-1 in the UFC, with 4 stoppages. And we all know what happened in the Hammill fight. He should have been 13-0/7-0 in the UFC.
(but that's another story)

3. Jones' wrestling is completely different than Lesnar's.

The fact that he got this title shot - with Evans hurt - doesn't support a comparison between him and Brock Lesnar.

As far as talent, skill-set, evolution as a fighter - Jones is nothing like Lesnar.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, quite the opposite. Both are new to the MMA game and their skill sets have evolved exponentially considering the time invested.

Both are freaks of nature, with crazy power and dominant wrestling skillset.

I agree with the undefeated part, it was a BS move on the UFC's part to make that Hamill fight a loss. At most, it should have been a DQ.
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote