MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
RudeBoySes
Flyweight

RudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Not hating on Jones because what the kid has accomplished and whom he has beaten at age 23 is just amazing. And he has no say in what path he takes to a title shot. That said...

Fighting in the TOUGHEST division in the UFC. Jones has had a pretty easy road to a title shot. The reason i say this is because the kid has not had even 1 A level opponent. Brandon Vera or possibly Bader(I still have a tough time rating him) are the toughest guys he has fought. And neither of them are even bad A level fighters they are both at best GOOD B level fighters. And it isnt that the LHW division lacks A class fighters. We have

Shogun
Rashad
Rampage
Thiago
Machida
Franklin
Forrest
Randy Couture

All proven A level opponents. Rich or Thiago possibly being in the weaker portion of the Elite. Not too long ago i would laugh if someone said that you dont have to fight any of those guys to get a title shot. So how does a guy have 7 fights, 7 wins (ignore hamill loss) but all against bad-avereage B level fighters and Bader who hasnt fought any A level fighters either.
Did Jones luck out due to the timing of the other fighters?? By that i mean the other fighters are either busy having fights scheduled or injured. Or did the UFC purposely avoid putting Jones in there with someone of the Elite status?? I imagine Win or Lose against Shogun. They are going to start feeding Jones to the wolves. (Or more likely is that Jones is the wolf )
I dont think someone is going to get a title shot without having atleast 1 or 2 Elite wins for a long time. Even Randy Couture who has his title shots gifted to him normally is stuck going through these guys.

I salute you Jones! You are special in many ways.

Off to bed. Looking forward to reading your guys opinions.

Also curious. Does anyone put Bader in the same class as the rest of those guys i mentioned?? And if you do tell me why?? If you look at the list of his opponents you will see he has no Elite wins either. So i really am curious how you would justify it.

Alrighty. Im off to bed. Night guys.

i disagree.

i equate what he has done to sports in general.

in football, we hear nay-sayers complain all the time:
'look at the weak teams they beat'.. etc.

He can only fight who the UFC puts in front of him.

Before Saturday night, i also had doubts about Jones.
But after thoroughly analyzing his fight, i still have doubts, but have more respect then ever.

If you listen to him and his corner's interaction in-between rounds.. dude is respectful. He uses 'sir' when speaking. That's humility!

I hope he does well.. but i think he will hit a roadblock when he meets up with Shogun.

-=[DROPBOX]=-
Do you need 2 GB of free online storage?

RudeBoySes is offline   Reply With Quote