MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
true... but still, Edgars 3 opponents before fighting Penn are no better or worse than Bones last 3. Its the way Edgar beat them that got him the shot. Just like Bones.

I guess what I'm saying is that beating a few top 10 guys has never been a pre-requisite for getting awarded a shot in the UFC. It never has been. Hell, Dana admits this regularly.
But you also cant compare those weight classes to LHW. They dont have nearly the quantity of high caliber fighters that LHW does. I would certainly imagine that you get a title shot in those weigh classes easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoySes View Post
i disagree.

i equate what he has done to sports in general.

in football, we hear nay-sayers complain all the time:
'look at the weak teams they beat'.. etc.

He can only fight who the UFC puts in front of him.

Before Saturday night, i also had doubts about Jones.
But after thoroughly analyzing his fight, i still have doubts, but have more respect then ever.

If you listen to him and his corner's interaction in-between rounds.. dude is respectful. He uses 'sir' when speaking. That's humility!

I hope he does well.. but i think he will hit a roadblock when he meets up with Shogun.
Im not sure why u disagree since we believe the same thing. I even pointed out in the first statement that it isnt JBJ choice who he fights. He just fights who they tell him to...

Last edited by SideWays222 : 02-08-2011 at 04:52 PM.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote