MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot?

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
BWoods
Great Googly Moogly!

BWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level now
The only thing that worries me about Jones' rise to fame was that he was set up with wrestler after wrestler after wrestler. The only good striker he faced was a guy who can't pull the trigger anymore. Other than that everyone else he has faced has had pretty mediocre or terrible striking. Sure, he's a great wrestler and has great top control, but I'm not impressed with his striking or submission game. He does have submissions but they are mostly set up with his control and strikes from the top position. His long limbs also allow him to use submissions that aren't seen as often, his go-to sub is usually the D'Arce.

I'm a fan of Jones but I would have liked him to face a legit striker or at least a single A-lister before getting a title shot.
BWoods is offline   Reply With Quote