MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Linux?

Thread: Linux?
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gluteal Cleft
Defecato, ergo sum

Gluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level now
I've been using it now for almost 20 years. Started with the Slackware floppies, and then used it at an ISP before the Internet was cool. These days, I manage so many servers that run it, I couldn't even count them. I've done work under Windows servers, and it's like having your teeth pulled slowly.

But as for the desktop... my desktops are still Windows. Even though there's very little you can't do with Linux... as you've discovered, you often have to jump through a hundred hoops or wait 10 years to make it happen.

Don't get me wrong... I dream of the day when I can convert all of the desktops in my call center to Linux. It would make my job sooo much easier, and cost the company less money. But they have to deal with things every day which they *can* do on Linux... but not as well, not as fast, and having to jump through more hoops.

Going on to the programmers and developers here.... these are folks that do Linux programming all day long. Yet only one has actually chosen to use Linux on his desktop.

Leading the Thiago Silva bandwagon
Gluteal Cleft is offline   Reply With Quote