MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: UFC will probably start doing 5 round main event non-title fights

View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I saw it in a press release but it would have to be in there someplace, the NSAC is the only commission Ive seen announce it.

It came out the same time they reviewed a lot of the ref and judging guidelines but Im just not sure on the date.

P.S. I know the actual announcement was posted here someplace as well.
I don't really understand the reasoning here. It seems like limiting the length of fights is a safety issue, and what's the difference between a title fight and a non-title fight in terms of safety? If it's too risky to let non-title fights go to 25 minutes, why let title fights go 25 minutes? It's a strange thing.