Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Thiago Silva: “I’m very healthy and looking forward to fighting Rampage”

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  The Dark Knight 
#1 ·
UFC light heavyweight slugger, Thiago Silva has dismissed tonight’s rumour that he’s out injured and will be replaced by Rashad Evans at UFC 130 on May 28th in Las Vegas, Nevada, saying it’s simply not true.

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Silva said:

“Injured? Me? I’m very healthy and looking forward to fighting Rampage. That’s not true. Nobody called us about anything, the fight is on.”

http://www.tatame.com/2011/02/09/Thiago-Silva--Im-not-injured-and-Im-looking-forward-to-fight-Rampage

#9 ·
Well, that settles it... i'm really pumped to find out Silva is in fine form!

The LHW division is really, I mean really stacked right now.

We have:
-Rua vs. Jones for the title
-Silva vs. Rampage for a contender
-Machida vs. Couture (possible redemption to get Machida back into his winning ways)
-Griffin vs. ? (Some interesting match ups could happen here)

Few guys coming off of loses or looking to climb the ladder:

Frainklin, Bader

Man-o-man this is going to be an explosive year!

#12 ·
Lol... Im sorry... But pay very close attention to everything u said come fight night...

Better striker? And ground game? I assume you think Rampage is some kind of pathetic Brandon Vera?

Sorry bra giving him next to no chance when he clearly has hands that can end it at any second, and proved his TDD against Machida and showed a MUCH better fight then Thiago did...

Rampage is going to look A LOT bigger the you think he is, and if you think Thiago is going to control him on the ground you cant be more wrong.

And the fact you think Thiago is better on the feet and your confident if it stays standing, says enough for me on how confused u must be

#13 ·
This is gonna be a gritty fight. I don't see Rampage holding back at all. I felt he held back in some of his recent fights to play the conservative game. Silva is getting KO'd here.

#18 · (Edited)
I think Rampage takes it but would not be surprised if Thiago won. I don't see Thiago KOing Rampage. I mean Rampage has a solid chin and Thiago hasn't even KO'd any fighter that is that good.

If Rampage is in good shape I think it is a pretty good matchups for Rampage. Another slow fighter that likes to bang. And Thiago doesn't have the best wrestling, good BJJ but not wrestling.

#24 ·
Weird how these rumours flyed. Although I don't mind seeing Rashad get knocked into oblivion this time around.

This is a very intriguing fight. Going to enjoy the stare downs. Two bad mutha f***as hitting each other with bad intentions. But yah unless Thiago can take Rampage down there's a distint possibility of him getting KOed. To think about if Rampage lost he had the chance for the title.

Come to think of it Rampage seems to be floating around. Didn't he have the chance to fight against Machida early on.

#25 ·
Weird how these rumours flyed. Although I don't mind seeing Rashad get knocked into oblivion this time around.

This is a very intriguing fight. Going to enjoy the stare downs. Two bad mutha f***as hitting each other with bad intentions. But yah unless Thiago can take Rampage down there's a distint possibility of him getting KOed. To think about if Rampage lost he had the chance for the title.

Come to think of it Rampage seems to be floating around. Didn't he have the chance to fight against Machida early on.
Agreed and yeah that's going to be one INTENSE stare-down!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.