Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Thiago Silva injured, Rampage-Rashad 2 is on! ***UPDATED***

4K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  KillerShark1985 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sources have indicated to MMAWeekly.com as of Wednesday that Thiago Silva has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming fight at UFC 130, and will be replaced by none other that former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/9/1984306/thiago-silva-out-of-ufc-130-rashad-evans-in

JESUS CHRIST! I am so fcking pumped!!!
War Rampage, we're getting that revenge soon!

[UPDATE] via Tatame.com:

Hearing the news, we contacted Thiago Silva by phone, and the fighter was surprised. "Injured? Me? I’m very healthy and looking forward to fighting Rampage. That’s not true."

"Nobody called us about anything, the fight is on" said Conan Silveira, one of the leaders of American Top Team.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/9/1984306/thiago-silva-out-of-ufc-130-rashad-evans-in

#5 ·
Well, I look at this as a win-win for the fans... it's not a complete loss. I was really hoping to see an in shape beast in Silva come to the party against Rampage, it would be a war!

I can't wait until Rampage comes out and wreaks havoc on Rashad. After all of the stupid things he's said/done in recent memory, Rampage will deliver a swift 1-2 combo then knees to the head via PRIDE destruction KO.

#9 · (Edited)
Evans vs Jackson 2? Okay, Rampage got a chance to get his revenge, but what does Rashad gain by beating the guy he just beat? Sounds stupid. I wouldn't accept the fight. Another reason is, the first battle wasn't as spectacular as I initially anticipated, the second will not be any better I suppose. Griffin vs Jackson 2 sounds way better.

#11 ·
I guess this can work out. Rashads doctors told him his knee would need 8 weeks to recover. That would give him about an 8 week training camp, which should be good enough for someone like Rashad.

I have to say, I'm excited. I don't think many people were fully satisfied with the results of the first fight. I hope we get a stoppage in this one, one way or the other.

I picked Evans last time, and I'll pick him again, but it's gonna be rough if he has ring rust.

#12 ·
All money related. Already a stacked card. So I don't get why they have to do it. But they know a lot of fans will eat it up just because it is Page-Rashad. Makes no sense other than the UFC making money off a fight that has no business happening right now. I guess they don't have many options with fighters tied up or injured. But it still is ridiculous.

#13 ·
[UPDATE] via Tatame.com:
Hearing the news, we contacted by phone Thiago Silva, and the fighter was surprised. "Hurt me? I am very healthy and can not wait to fight with Rampage."

"This is a lie." says James, supported by Conan Silveira, one of the leaders of American Top Team. "...The fight is marked yes." Stay tuned to Tatame to learn more about the confusion.

Sounds like it's not off after all :) But yeah, at this moment in time Page - Evans 2 makes no sense

Hope Rampage KO's Thiago!!

#28 ·
seriously Wow. Rashad waits all this time for his shot, Shogun and the ufc can't wait 2 events. One day Rashad is talking about changing weight classes, the next he's telling a "slapped Rampage in a bar" story, the next he's fighting Rampage.

The only reason Rampage and jones aren't fighting first, then Rashad/shogun, that I can think of is DANA.

I don't know what to think. Except Rashad's been screwed and he's taking it. Dana wants Jones.(why else the mad rush to announce that fight). Wouldn't surprise me if Rashad is in a FOTN or hit the road situation.

Here's the headline at bloody elbow

Are UFC Fans Being Played by Rampage and Rashad?

#19 ·
**** no, NO NO NO NO NO, why Thiago of all the LHW's why him, dam dam dam, the UFC is full of shit this is Bullsh1t, I had my doubts about the whole Rash situation thinking maybe they knew from training Jones was the better fighter, and maybe because they wanted to give Jones a title shot this year they did not want to risk Rash talking the title and having a no go with Jones vs Rash.

I smelt BS there, now it stinks even worse that it just so happens that Silva is out and Rah is up and ready for Rampage.

I smelt BS on the Cain Injury as well as a way of bringing Brock back into he title picture after such a huge disappointment the UFC must of suffered at watching the top PPV seller lose the title.

It would not be the first time the UFC has faked injuries to get the fight they want to happen in the name of PPV sales on the cards, I recall 2 ring girl losing there jobs for talking about a case of this with some MMA reporter, this is fcuking BS.

#21 ·
I recall 2 ring girl losing there jobs for talking about a case of this with some MMA reporter, this is fcuking BS.
I'm pretty sure they got fired because they gave an interview where they talked bad about Kos after he beat AJ. Not because they outed fake injuries.

Now that I think a little better was that the 'fake eyepoke' incident? They may have been talking smack about that. But they didn't get fired for saying someone faked getting hurt to switch fights around or anything.

Also apparently I am the only one excited for this fight. I think after his last 2 fights Rampage has learned he can't sit back and wait, he needs to attack. He also needs to get his strength back up. I hope he rocks Rashad again, and finishes it this time instead of missing 5 times afterwards.

#25 ·
I would actually prefer to see Silva/Rampage due to the fact that I really wanna see Silva get KTFO for his little in ring antics.

#27 ·
Surprise surprise, Dana wants to give the winner the nxt title shot.

Then no doubt he lines up Machida for the subsequent one. Just playing their cards the UFC, in what is a stacked division, yet not that stacked at the very top with only a few legitimate contenders to either Rua or Jones.

#29 ·
What In The Flying ****.......

BTW love that rashad waited to fight for the belt only to have it taken away and now he has to fight someone he clearly beat again, karma anyone?

#34 ·
ugh... I have zero interest in this fight, nor does it make any sense. I'm with most of you guys in saying Rampage vs Forrest II makes much more sense.

Wasn't Rampage and Evans 1, one of the UFC's biggest ppvs in numbers? Wonder why they're having this fight again!? :sarcastic12:

#35 ·
I don't like this fight, I have said it before and I will say it again, the UFC LHW division is on a downward spire, the fights are just going around in circles and going nowhere, and so many fighters on the decline and so few on the rise or at the peak of there careers its a joke.

Silva was a Dark Horse in the division so if he comes up positive then thats another blow to what is already a division heading in the wrong direction.

What I would most like to see is them ditch the Machida/Couture fight and go with Couture vs Rampage.

Then bring Vera back to fight Machida, they could do it which ever way round on the cards they like, if thats not possible due to say injury to Vera then they should give someone like Davis a shot at Machida.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.