Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Fedor to retire

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  streetpunk08 
#1 ·
Wow shocking.

#2 ·
Fedor retiring????

Holy shit- he just stated he might be retiring after this fight.

Cannot believe it.

One the best fighters in MMA history and represented the sport in a great way.

Stunned he might not fight again.

Great career- great fights and one of the best champions ever in MMA history.

WAR FEDOR- thanks for the best memories and fights.​

#4 ·
Fedor is amazing.

He's been amazing his whole career, he's been nothing but humble, nothing but respectful, went in there and did his thing.

I feel happy he's not going out in a Liddell way, he's only going out on 2 losses, one he dropped a guy and got caught in a sub in the first, the other was doctor stoppage, so the losses weren't too bad.

Great man, great fighter, and he will always be my favorite.

#8 ·
Wow. Doctor's stoppage.

The sport has finally caught up with the last emporer. After about a minute in, the weaknesses in Fedor's game were all too apparent.

He swings wildly, and without discipline. He does a great job of tucking his chin, but he leaves himself wide open on his way in, standing, and on his way out. It was inevitable that he would get caught sooner or later.

Even if he had avoided bjj, he still would've gotten caught by Silva. Fedor still displayed incredible hand speed, and a very impressive chin, but his technique is extremely high risk, and just plain sloppy.

Fedor's game plan was a joke, as well. He has shown no improvement whatsoever since his last fight. This is the problem with his insular existence. While every other top fighter trains with the very best, Fedor and Cro Cop hide out in the boonies with no contact with the US or Brazilian best.

#9 ·
He's going to still keep on running from Overem then i see and this time permanently.

Overeem im sure wil be pissed!

An great champion Fedor though.

#10 ·
He should retire and if not an attempt to cut to 205 otherwise i dont want to see one of my favourite fighters turning out like one of my other favourite fighters chuck liddell.

HW's is a big mans game , guys like Brock dont count since they are manuactured but guys like Bigfoot , Overeem Cain even although he isnt big i believe him to be the next fedor they are the next generation.

#19 ·
This. But I don't think Fedor has enough time to adjust to 205 and establish himself there. He probably has had enough of fighting.

Too much time passed since Pride and he was too inactive, he should have been in the UFC. He would have been the number 1 heavyweight if he was, he would have smashed Couture and then probably Lesnar too. Now with the likes of bigfoot, Cain, JDS etc... the sport has evolved past Fedor.

The most respectful and humble fighter ever, sad to see him bow out but it had to come sooner or later. The losses weren't too devastating so he can retire gracefully.

War Fedor

:(

#20 ·
Fedor's eye was messed up worse and Koscheck can speak english so he begged the ref to let his title fight continue. Fedor's eye was swelling before our eyes while the cut man was trying to stop it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.