MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Got spiked on the back of my head

View Single Post

Old 02-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by luger0 View Post
@ Xerberus :

I know that in the general opinion of the people who have replied in this thread is that the kid should get checked out by a doctor.

I have a nagging concern for my own body currently after reading this topic. I know that I have had a delayed concussion in the past. I believe I received the blow to my head when I was 10 or 11 years old. Basically a piece of firewood cracked me in the head, I had enough motor skills to get myself about a hundred yards to my house to relay what had happened.

The next day I had gone into school and went into a state of concussion. The only thing I can recall from this experience is that I felt extremely dizzy. I had the help of two people just to get to the nurse's office. When mom got there I could not walk on my own-accord.

I would be believe that after 12 to 14 years that this concussion should be healed. I am curious if something like this should be checked out after such a long period of recovery?
I would say no, after such an extended period of time. However, if you are experiencing any kind of symptom related its best to get checked out.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote