MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - *MMAF OFFICIAL* You Laugh; You Lose Thread!

View Single Post

Old 02-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #604 (permalink)
Roflcopter
Banned

Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Bill asks how do these things work, we give him answers.

If he said "how did the universe get here", we'd have less answers. He didn't. He asked how these things work, why does the tide go in and out without fail? We know that. Why does the sun go down and up without fail? We know that. He asks why the Earth has a moon, and mars doesn't have any. Mars has 2 moons.

His entire debate on why he believes in magic is because he says, and I quote "no one can explain to me why the tides go in and out without fail, why the sun goes up and down". That's his exact quote, and we have those exact answers.
Yes, we know, its called using extended metaphors and albeit poor analogies to describe a larger, universal truth.

O'Reilly's whole deal is that he doesn't believe that the order of the universe as it stands, which perfectly supports life, and humans, and only takes place on Earth and not anywhere else on Mars, could be the result of just random chance.

By asking how did it get there? He's also implicitly asking "Why". Clear as day. Why did sometime this world form from nothing and build a landmass so perfectly adaptable to humankind? Why did, this random collection of molecules and energy form into microorganisms that would develop into beings capable of logical thought? Etc.

O'Reilly is questioning how a 1/10000000 twist of fate that led to this universe developed into what it is today without an overseer or intelligent design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
While Bill may be a complete idiot. He is rich, so props to Bill. I bet he does more blow and hookers than... me..
A complete idiot with a Bachelor's from Marist, a Masters from Boston University, AND a Masters from Harvard.

There is a reason the dude is the number one political commentator in the United States bar none. He's the man in terms on News and politics. And he's known as the hardest interview in the industry.

This dude is not Rush Limbaugh who just says controversial shit just to get attention, while being almost entirely uneducated.

Last edited by Roflcopter : 02-14-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote