MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** B.J. Penn vs Jon Fitch Pre/Post Fight Discussion

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I do think this fight is incredibly interesting because really this is the fight BJ needs to win to have BJ/GSP 3 make any sense what so ever. IF BJ can overcome a great wrestler with a huge size advantage then his chances against GSP have to look substantially better then they did going into the bout.
Sure, if he stops a takedown or 2. But if he comes in and wins with his superior boxing then I don't see how it makes his chances look any better against GSP.

It's not like his boxing has gotten incredibly better since the last fight with GSP. So he comes in with the same chance. Having to catch and hurt GSP before he gets taken down.

Either way I don't want to see either fight GSP again. But if Fitch were to win he has earned his way back to a title shot. Hopefully GSP just moves up so we don't have to see this again.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote