MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How far would a boxing background have me ahead?

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
edlavis88
Light Heavyweight

edlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I have been boxing at an amateur level since i was 14 (I'm 23 now) and started training at an MMA gym about 18 months ago.

In my opinion my background in boxing has helped me far far more than it has hindered me.

There are a few issues with footwork and bad habits that i have carried over from boxing and i still occasionally revert back to some of them in training and promptly get put on my back but on the whole boxing will stand you in good stead.

GSP and JDS have shown recently that you can control a fight with jabs and crosses without chucking in loads of leg kicks/high kicks etc.