Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Sengoku Releasing All Their Fighers?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Dave Herman left for the UFC, as well.

In a series of tweets by Josh Gross (of ESPN) about the Sandro signing, he mentioned something interesting:

Marlon Sandro is a terrific signing by Bellator. They've created quite a featherweight division. Where will Hioki go?

about 19 hours ago via web

I hear if fighter requests a release, SRC is obliging. Hioki has one fight remaining on his deal and apparently prefers UFC to Bellator.

about 18 hours ago via web

@SSKosek079 Don't believe UFC had much interest in Sandro since he's connected to Aldo. Bellator contracts are more severe than UFC's, FYI.

about 18 hours ago via web in reply to SSKosek079

@chacho913 Andre Pedernerais told me Nova Uniao wants Sandro to go after Bellator's belt. Another way of saying no way he'd fight Aldo.

about 17 hours ago via web in reply to chacho913
My emphasis.

If a fighter requests their release, they get it? Wow. That seems like a bad sign.

It may have something to do with Don Quijote considering getting out of the MMA game. That would be the end of deep pockets for Sengoku.

#5 ·
There are some huge signings to be made here for the UFC, if Khalidov beats Thales Leites in his upcoming thats a no brainer, Stanislav Nedkov would bring in a lot of eastern European interest and is a slick operater at 205 and as said Hioki and Blanco would be great additions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.