MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Vitor to fight Bisping

View Single Post

Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
AmdM
The Bearded One

AmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I dislike it when someone loses to Anderson and people claim he was 'exposed', as if that person isn't still a tremendous fighter. Vitor hardly had his arse handed to him, and I think we need learn that losing to Anderson or GSP is less a sign of one's being over-rated, and more so a sign of just how unbelievable Silva and St. Pierre are as mixed martial artists. Vitor is a clear top five MW... there's simply no debating that point... it's simply that Anderson Silva is on another level altogether, and that includes the MW division in its entirety. The words 'exposed' and 'overrated' are tremendously disrespectful to legitimately talented fighters, and if Anderson fans actually stopped to think about it, disrespectful to Anderson as well. They claim the man is P4P the best fighter on the planet, yet it always seems to be that his opponents were over-rated or easily exposed. Which makes it sound as though he isn't fighting the best. Which in turn wouldn't make him that worthy of the praise he gets. Food for thought.

Vitor deserves respect. Let's not sully him with such general and ill-though-out statements. I also think it fairly obvious he's going to smash Bisping, who I am consistently impressed with, but do not see as a top five MW in any way, shape, or form.
Obviously losing to the best mma fighter in the world won´t get you exposed, but Vitor has fought other guys and has been exposed several times. I´ve had him up there in the sky, but he felt down (in my eyes) long before the Andy fight.

About the respect, i don´t see it in that pejorative way of yours. Fighters as all humans are not perfect and have their defects. Talking about them being exposed is not disrespectful as it is just normal and an expectable thing to do when you try to analise them.

EDIT: I´ll be very impressed if Vitor smashes Bisping. I expect Bisping to take that one if it gets past round one.
Forever hanging in Anderson Silva nuts

Last edited by AmdM : 02-27-2011 at 07:27 PM.
AmdM is offline   Reply With Quote